Little\'s Make Big\'s
“And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”
The longer I live the more I realize its the little things in life that mean the most. It was Ralph Waldo Emerson who said, “Sow a thought and you reap an action; sow an act and you reap a habit; sow a habit and you reap a character; sow a character and you reap a destiny.” In other words, be careful what you think! A little thought here a little thought there and the next thing you know is you have destiny!
Behavioral scientists tell us that it takes 23 straight days to develop a new habit. Have you ever considered how long it takes to break an old one? Just one day. All it takes to break the habits we don’t like is just one full day. The old saying, “the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step” is true. Thats why the apostle Paul exhorts us to be careful what we allow ourselves to think on each day knowing that our thoughts lead to our habits and our habits to our destiny.
Here’s a newsflash, have you ever really considered the role your habits played in your behavior? Maybe better stated, “most behavior is habitual” meaning the way you and I act is actually nothing more than the sum total of our daily habits over time. Can you think of some habits you have, positive or negative today? Below are two lists. The first list are probably habits you can easily recognize in other people (that was a joke). The second list is made up of good behaviors each of us does well to cultivate and put into practice daily.
1. Procrastination. Needs no explanation
2. Mediocrity, settling for less than your best
3. Self destruction. You believe the worst about yourself
4. Avoidance. Running from your problems
5. Control. Wanting or needing to be in control
6. Irresponsibility. Blaming others
7. Impersonation. Pretending to be something you are not
1. Gratitude. Practice gratitude daily. In everything give thanks
2. Meditate. Think on things each day that are pure and lovely
3. Question everything. Develop a biblical world view. Search the scriptures
4. Plan. Get on a good schedule. Plan your work and work your plan. Seek first the kingdom…
5. Persevere. Never quit. If you start something, stick with it, finish it
6. Manage. Learn to manage not control. (Learn this and live longer) Eliminate stress.
7. Moderation. Excess almost anything is unhealthy. Learn balance.
8. Laugh. Laughing at yourself and with others not the other way around. It’s medicine for the soul.
Are there any habits listed above you need to break starting today? What habits do you want to develop? Take that first step today knowing when you do the battle is half over as the first step is always the hardest. Once we decide to do something then we can take the appropriate steps. Everything starts with a choice. If you think you can you can and if you think you can’t you can’t. The battle is always for our mind so make sure you guard your heart and mind by being transformed daily. It was D.L. Moody who once said, “There are many of us that are willing to do great things for the Lord, but few of us who are willing to do the little things.” Remember its the little things that matter most for littles make bigs!
“Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.”
I LOVE YOU!
Test PositiveSuccess Comes In Can'sFocus, Focus, FocusFinding SanctuaryHow To Have A Great Day10 Minutes To JOYWhat The World Needs NowIts Who You KnowHow To Kill A ButterflyDreams Do Come TrueAbsolutely Positively TrueBe A Grace GiverGain Some WeightHow To Spot A FakeYou've Got A FriendLittle\'s Make Big\'sDon't Celebrate Too SoonNo shelves In HeavenI Want To Be Like IsaiahThe Magnet Effect
You Can Do Hard ThingsVictory By RetreatTickets to ParadisePaco Come Home!You're InterestingSuper Bowl FaithValentine's Every DayBecoming RealSatisfy Your CravingsWhat Does Love Got To Do With It?Set Free!Stay CalmIt's All Going According To PlanWalk Don't RunShine In The DarkLoving You Is EasyThe Best Investment
Did You Say Everything?A Hearts DesignSafe ArrivalBecoming SomebodyOne Step AheadSwing From The HeelsWeek End or Weak End?Thank God For FleasThe Power of ThanksWe Are Who God Says We AreYou\'ve Got ThisFirst Things FirstSafe In His HandsThe Breath of LifeChild SacrificeJust Finishing UpHow To Honor The DeadYou Have To Enter To Win